Queen of Net: Lots to learn from China
Mary Meeker who is well known within the industry as the “Queen of Net “, presented the 2013 Internet Trends report on 29th of May at the D11 Conference. In this 20 minute presentation, Mary spent a considerable amount of time talking about the Internet trends in China and she thinks there is a lot to be learnt.
It is useful to look at this is more detail so we will take a look at a few of the slides which focus on China.
- Internet user growth and penetration: China has the largest number of internet users growth during the last 4 years.
- Shift from traditional media to digital: China leads USA in Mobile+Internet time spent Vs TV. The shift from traditional media to digital media happened much quicker in China.
- The rapid growth of E-commerce and the extraordinary efficiency and customer service from some E-commerce shop.In Q4 2012, the gross merchandize volume of Alibaba surpassed Amazon+ebay!
Same day free delivery in 25 cities in China and Customer can track packages location on Map/mobile devices and contact delivery person in real time!
- Taxi Apps: Push to talk to driver and bid extras to increase chances of getting into the car.
- Weibo(Micro-blogging) Push for Social change .Read our blogs here to find out more about Weibo.
Please click here to watch the full video of Mary’s presentation and interview and click here to view the full power point presentation. You can also share your thoughts with us by connecting with us on Facebook and Twitter.